CCNP – Routing and Switching
• Plan and document the configuration and verification of routing protocols and their optimization in enterprise networks.
• Identify the technologies, components, and metrics of EIGRP used to implement and verify EIGRP routing in diverse, largescale
• internetworks based on requirements.
• Identify, analyze, and match OSPF multiarea routing functions and benefits for routing efficiencies in network operations in
• order to implement and verify OSPF routing in a complex enterprise network.
• Implement and verify a redistribution solution in a multi-protocol network that uses Cisco IOS features to control path
• selection and provides a loop-free topology according to a given network design and requirements.
• Evaluate common network performance issues and identify the tools needed to provide Layer 3 path control that uses Cisco
• IOS features to control the path.
• Implement and verify a Layer 3 solution using BGP to connect an enterprise network to a service provider.
Implementing Cisco Voice Communications and QoS
• Explain what a voice gateway is, how it works, and describe its usage, components, and features.
• Describe the characteristics and configuration elements of VoIP call legs.
• Describe how to implement IP phones using Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express.
• Describe the components of a dial plan and explain how to implement a dial plan on a Cisco Unified voice gateway.
• Explain what gatekeepers and Cisco Unified Border Elements are, how they work, and what features they support.
• Describe why QoS is needed, what functions it performs, and how it can be implemented in a Cisco Unified Communications network.